Vodafone Live Girls Zone
With the recent revelation in the national press that women are now spending more on the latest gadgets than fancy footwear, Vodafone UK has updated its Vodafone live! service with the addition of a brand new 'For Girls' section.
This commitment to cater more for the female market was also encouraged by the recent Vodafone poll of 3,500 picture messaging customers to discover what women really want from their mobile phone. From a stylish accessory to a source of news and entertainment, the mobile phone is a leading gadget in the life of the modern girl.
The poll also revealed a series of quirky facts on the latest way that people are relying on photo and mobile technology:
* 20% of mobile users send snaps of themselves in new outfits to friends for the thumbs-up
* A fashion-conscious 18% take pictures of shoes or clothes on display to show pals before making a serious fashion faux-pas
* A cheeky 5% take pictures of snappy dressers that they see on the high street to copy their style
* 15% frequently pull out their cameraphones to photograph the sides and backs of their hair
* 10% use their cameraphones as a mirror to check their make-up
* 4% even resort to getting the phone out in the middle of a restaurant after dinner - to check they have clean teeth
* More than 20% use their phone to capture details of a new property
* 15% send pictures of new furnishings to partners to get an opinion before giving the house a make-over
With gizmos becoming such an important part of girls' lives, the new 'For Girls' section provides instant access to everything a girl could ever want, from the latest fashion news to health advice, from recipes to celebrity gossip and much, much more. 'For Girls' is like having the latest magazines and top news shows at your fingertips whenever and wherever you happen to be. To access 'For Girls' simply go to the easy to use Vodafone live! menu and select the 'For Girls' icon.